When you take a prescription drug or get a medical device implant, you expect that the medical treatment will improve your condition and your quality of life. Unfortunately, for many patients, that expectation turns to tragedy. Dangerous drugs and defective medical devices injure thousands of people each year.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one due to a dangerous drug or a defective medical device, please call Eisbrouch Marsh, LLC today at 201-342-5545 for your free legal consultation. We have convenient offices in New Jersey and New York.
Dangerous Drug Lawyers
Eisbrouch Marsh is dedicated to pursuing drug manufacturing companies in complex pharmaceutical litigation. Several drug companies are currently embroiled in mass tort litigation on the state and federal level. Our product liability lawyers offer unparalleled experience in this practice area.
Some of the most popular medications available today also produce some of the most debilitating side effects. If you have suffered injuries from any of the following drugs, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries:
- Xarelto. Bayer’s popular blood-thinning medication can cause abdominal bleeding, brain hemorrhage, abnormal liver function, reduced platelet levels, bleeding in the brain, and even death.
- Benicar. Used to treat high blood pressure, Benicar can cause severe gastrointestinal side effects, such as chronic diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, severe weight loss, and malnutrition—symptoms that resemble those of untreated Celiac disease.
- Talcum Powder. Thought of as a harmless baby powder product produced by Johnson & Johnson, thousands of women discovered too late that use of talcum powder in the genital region can cause ovarian cancer.
- Risperdal. An antipsychotic medication prescribed to treat bipolar disorder, autism, and schizophrenia. Risperdal can cause the life-altering side effects, such as male breast growth (gynecomastia), diabetes, tardive dyskinesia, and the possibility of stroke.
- Pradaxa. A popular blood-thinning drug, Pradaxa can result in uncontrollable bleeding leading to death.
- Diabetes medications (Invokana, Farxiga, Jardiance). These Sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 inhibitors are intended to improve blood sugar levels in patients with Type 2 diabetes. However, taking the drugs can cause ketoacidosis, a dangerously high level of blood acids, which can lead to coma or death.
- Invokana - Also known by its trade name Canagliflozin, Invokana is a new drug in the fight against type 2 Diabetes. While it is effective in helping kidneys take sugar out of the body to lower blood sugar levels, it is also classified as a SGLT2 inhibitor, which has been linked to heart attacks, stroke, urinary tract infection and kidney failure.
- PPI/Nexium. Nexium, a proton pump inhibitor (PPI), has been used to treat peptic ulcer disease (PUD), gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), esophageal acid damage, heartburn and certain ulcers. However, its use may result in significant vulnerability to nutritional deficiency and infection. Nexium has also been linked to chronic kidney disease, acute interstitial nephritis, and kidney or renal failure.
- Opioid litigation (representing individuals and municipalities). While individuals can pursue litigation against leading opioid manufacturers, municipalities are also doing so to seek damages for law enforcement, public health and medical costs related to opioid abuse. Both individuals and municipalities allege that opioid addiction stems from the manufacturers’ over-promotion and sales of prescription opioid medications such as Percocet and OxyContin.
- Neocate. This baby formula has been linked to low phosphorus in the blood, weak bones prone to fractures, and rickets. You may have a claim to make against the manufacturer if your infant or child has developed these types of health problems and Neocate has been a part of their diet.
Dangerous Medical Devices Attorneys
Eisbrouch Marsh is committed to the rights of consumers who have received recalled, defective medical devices, and other poorly designed, inadequately tested implants. The makers of these products owe the victims compensation for the injuries they have caused.
Defective medical devices have found their way into the bodies of thousands of trusting patients forced to undergo painful revision surgery after learning their devices had failed. If you have suffered injuries because of these defective medical devices, you may have a claim for compensation:
- Hernia Mesh. A protective mesh or screen implanted to repair certain hernias, it often results in a faster recovery than other techniques. However, complications with hernia mesh can cause infections, bowel obstruction, organ damage, scar tissue, chronic pain and the need for additional surgery.
- Power Morcellator. Power morcellators are intended to make hysterectomy and myomectomy surgery quicker and safer, but in fact, they can cause the aggressive spread of uterine cancer.
- IVC Filter. These small, metal devices can prevent blood clots from reaching the lungs and heart. However, when the devices migrate or perforate the surrounding tissue, you can suffer serious and sometimes life-threatening injuries.
- Zimmer NexGen Knee Replacement. Complications from Zimmer’s knee implants can include limiting your range of motion and making it difficult to walk or stand.
- Zimmer Hip Replacement. Instead of improving range of motion and mobility, Zimmer hip replacement cause many Americans to suffer chronic pain, reduced mobility, and the need for corrective surgery.
- Stryker Hip Replacement. Patients who received Stryker hip implants may suffer chronic, debilitating pain, bone chips, nerve damage, and complete failure of the implant.
- Wright Hip Replacement. Faulty Wright hip implants can cause severe pain, instability, and require surgery to correct.
- DePuy Hip Replacement. These metal-on-metal hip replacement systems have high failure rates and the potential for dangerous complications, such as metal poisoning, bone fractures, and the development of pseudotumors.
Call Eisbrouch Marsh, LLC for Help Today
At a time when you may feel completely helpless, the attorneys at Eisbrouch Marsh can help you find your way through the trauma you have experienced and being to move forward. Call us today at 201-342-5545 for a no-charge consultation about your case. With offices in Hackensack, Newark, and New York, our lawyers welcome clients from Bergen County, Essex County and all nearby areas in New Jersey.