Hiring a lawyer is exceedingly advantageous, although not required by the government in order to file a Victim Compensation Fund claim. More than $4 billion has been awarded by the Fund so far, and the claims process includes proving you were at one of the 9/11 crash sites and developed an injury or illness as a result.
As an experienced 9/11 VCF attorney, David Eisbrouch can make sure your claim is completed accurately and that no missteps are made. To learn more, please call Eisbrouch Marsh, LLC, in New York at 212-643-0044.
Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer
David Eisbrouch and our team can determine your likely eligibility before you even begin the claims process. This can save you a lot of time as opposed to going through the whole process on your own, only to find out you don't qualify. Our team has extensive experience with VCF claims, so we know the eligibility factors.
By hiring an attorney to handle your claim, you can benefit in the following ways:
- Focus on your health and family. Applying for compensation is time-consuming and filled with requests for further information, documentation, evidence and paperwork. When you hire us to handle the process for you, you can spend more time with your family and focusing on the things that enrich your life.
- Ensuring deadlines are not missed. There are deadlines involved with applications. We know what they are and make sure they are not missed.
- Assisting you with the process of getting your illness recognized by the World Trade Center Health Program. This step is necessary before applying for compensation. We will guide you through how to do it.
- Obtaining all supporting documentation. Claims are not awarded compensation without evidence and proof. We know which documents are required and we will work with you to obtain these documents.
- Completing the application without mistakes or missing paperwork. A mistake usually leads to a denied or delayed claim. Fixing the mistake can be time consuming and means the process is stalled until the issue is corrected. We ensure mistakes are not introduced into the application process.
The only way to know if hiring an attorney will benefit you is to contact our law firm. We are happy to help you decide if representation is the right choice for you.
Am I Eligible?
In general, you may be eligible for the Victim Compensation Fund if the following apply:
- Present at one of the crash sites OR one of the related debris removal sites (Fresh Kills, New York City morgue, etc.)
- Present at one of these places during the specified time period (any amount of time between 9/11/2001 and 5/30/2002)
- You have a qualifying illness or injury because of your presence at these sites
Experienced, Compassionate Advocates on Your Side
To learn more about Eisbrouch Marsh and our experienced 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund attorneys, please call us in New York at 212-643-0044. Your consultation is complimentary and you do not pay us anything unless we successfully recover compensation on your behalf.